From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 11:31:37 EST
Hello to all,
On Friday, January 19th I sent this brief e-mail to the big guys of FML.

Dear Fellow Ferret Lovers,
Thank you for the recent information and please forgive me for any trouble
that my lack of computer expertise may have caused (insufficient address).
I'm confident that I will benefit tremendously from all of you, as will Lucy
(our tasmanian devil in ferrets clothing!).  Unfortunately, I do not have
much to share with other subscribers as our baby is only two months old.  I
am an animal lover by nature (anything that creeps, crawls or breaths)
however my expertise is limited to a scant few critters.  My main objective
is to get a few giggles from the stories and make Lucy's life as fun and
comfortable as possible by learning from the successes and failures of
others and maybe get a clue as to where she is stashing all of our socks and
under clothes.

Thanks Again,
 Irena (Lucy's mom)

Little did I know that I would have a story to share with the group so soon!
On Friday evening around 10PM I noticed that one of the french doors in our
dining room was standing slightly ajar.  My SO, Steven, and daughter were
watching a movie.  I asked where Lucy was but no one seemed to know.  I
looked everywhere for her and after about 15 minutes of searching with no
success Steven decided to join the hunt.  We looked every place (inside and
out).  After about 30 minutes or so we gave up.  It was too dark outside to
see very well and it was only 18 degrees outside.  I figured if the cold or
one of the neighbors dogs did not get her an owl probably would so I sat
down and had a good cry.  Thank God for small miracles a neighbor spotted
her on their deck 4 ACRES AWAY!  We ran down the road and picked her up
apparently none the worse for her great adventure.  As soon as she got home
she pigged out and headed for her hammock.  I wonder if the little hag knows
what she put us all through or how lucky she was!

Lucy's Mom (Irena)