Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 20:13:22 -0600
From:
"FERRET VIRUS" OUT OF CONTROL!  No, not anything the fussies can catch, but
they sure seem to spead it!  I'm speaking of the incurable infection which
drives owners to seek out and obtain new carpet-sharks.  I am heavily
infected, and just spent another Saturday driving out to Troy Lynn's to
adopt four more frolicing ferrets!

Welcome to my family Gus, Simon, Nosette, and Balistic. Gus and Simon are
neutered male sables, Nosette is a butterscotch, and Balistic is a
champane blaze. All are about 2.5 years old.

Gus is a big guy, loves to give kisses and play the beads-on-a-string game.
Simon is very lovey-dovey--he slept on my lap on the four-hour drive
home--and he also loves to play.  Nosette is a very mellow lady, and
intensely curious.  Balistic has the perfect name.  She is the first carpet
shark to figure how to get past the barriers into the FFZ kitchen.
Zookeepers use Orangutans to find escape routes out of zoo enclosures; I
could lend out Balistic for the same purpose (For more than a nominal sum,
HEH HEH HEH).  She is the most energetic, intelligent, and persistent little
cuss I have ever seen, and does the most comical and frenzied war dances I
have ever seen.  Love at first sight.

Later tonight is the first "Business Meeting" of the new 13-member
corporation.  I have bitter apple in hand, and plenty of help to jump in if
needed.  It promises to be a sight.

Thank you TLE for your babies.  I know how much you have come to love them,
and I recognize the trust you have placed in me.  Your goodbyes almost made
me cry, but being an all-American male, I just internalized it.  I promise I
will do my best to love and take care of all of them, but I can never reach
the levels of caring and dedication you lavish on your beasties.  I will
make sure you get an occasional visit.  Oh, and tell your puddlebutts hello.

Thanks to everyone for the supportive e-mail (41 posts for, 0 against)
regarding my presence on the FML.  I never meant to imply I was leaving the
FML; I am far too addicted, and need my daily fix.  I only meant to say that
the subject of nutrition was being taken too seriously, and I would lay off
the subject until the flames burned out.  One of my professors once told me
(after a particularly personal and brutal review of a paper I had summitted
for publication--Did you know that if I was a mosquito, I wouldn't know
where to bite?) that the more personal the attack, the less evidence for
rebuttal.  I just feel the FML is a great place to exchange information, not
to call each other names nor imply negative personal characteristics.  So,
such flames make me laugh, because I realize I have won the argument, and
the flamer has lost.  As my Gran'pa would say, "The losing dog barks as they
run away with their tails between their legs." (But then, he would also say,
"Never set on a rattlesnake; you never know where they will bite." Gran'pa
was strange....)

Bob (FSS) and the wild and wacky business of 13; Moose, Stella, Daye,
Tori, Bear, Apollo, Foster, Buddy, Razz, Gus, Simon, Nosette, and (whew)
Balistic.
All say, "Dook Dook Dook, Dook of Bob, Dook Dook...." while Balistic goes
wild.