Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 20:58:20 -0500
From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
As many of you may or may not know, STAR* Ferrets is a network organization -
we are there to help ferrets and their owners in all aspects.  STAR* puts out
a quarterly newsletter, the Resource listing (on-line or up-to-the-minute by
sending a SASE), and a desk top published manual called _Ferret Care and
Rescue_.

STAR* is me.  Yes, I have a co-director (Mary Van Dahm of FAIR in IL), but
she is far away and is there mainly to keep me on track.  I do the
newsletter, collate, staple, stamp, address over 200 copies and keep track
of the memberships, finances, and mailing of the annual survey, etc.  Thank
the Lord for a husband and helping friends!

Now, I can't IMAGINE doing a bi-monthly, color, interview laden magazine.
Even if I did not have a full time job to go off to every week day, I don't
have the equipment, time, or energy to accomplish this feat.  My newsletter
really does not compete with Modern Ferret Magazine - nor does anyone elses.
Ferrets USA does not compete (yes, I did write the lead article and I am
very proud of it - but I'm also writing for Modern Ferret!).

Modern Ferret Magazine is unique.  If ferrets could talk, I bet they would
pick bright colors and things that leave a fuzzy feeling.  Of course, if you
really want to make Modern Ferret the kind of magazine ferret people like,
then send in your suggestions.  I'm sure Mary and Eric want to hear from
you.  You have to tell them what you want to see, if you truly want to make
this a magazine' for ferret owners by ferret owners'.

I've renewed for two more years - I want Modern Ferret to make it - I even
sent a gift subscription to the HSUS.  People who do not think much of
ferrets need to SEE that ferrets are here to stay.  I agree that the "ferret
fad" is over.  Fads come and go - ferrets are here to stay.  Ferrets are no
longer a fad - they are a fact.

Support you local and national ferret awareness efforts.

Pam Grant
Shelters That Adopt & Rescue Ferrets