Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 02:39:20 -0800
From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
I would just like to say to all that may ever need to get weight on a ferret
that doesn't seem to like anything offered that something mentioned here
really did the trick for me.  After Lightstar had his spleen removed I
wanted to get some much needed weight on him so I tried the Deliver 2.0
liquid food supplement mentioned here before.  He adores this yummy and gets
it 2 or 3 times daily for now.  Plus all my other 8 love it too and get it
once in awhile as a treat.  I did have to warm it for about 8 sec.  in the
microwave to get them to really like it at 1st and also had to scruff them
and put some on their tongues for most of them to find it was truly yummy.
I have a friend with a VERY picky little fert that was ill and needed a good
nutrition source during recovery and she wouldn't try anything.  They
brought her over to meet us and I warmed up a portion of the deliver and
scruffed her and all that and she sat in my arms and drank every last drop
to the amazement of her parents.  Lightstar has put on weight already but
not so quickly as to be pure fat or anything.  I see only good things in his
future I hope.  You don't want to give so much that they get diarreah but
sometimes the poopy is a bit foamy after eating this.  I give Lightbug
approx.  3 teaspoons per serving and he weighs about 2 lbs.  It is vanilla
in flavor but is tanish in color.  Kind of sweet tasting, really quite good
in taste I think myself.  For those that are not familiar with this product
or just joined the FML the info. on it is below.

Deliver 2.0
Liquid food supplement
Dense High Calorie so they don't have to eat much
Obtained from any pharmacy
Made by MeadJohnson Co.
Price varies from $24 to $36 for a case of 12  8 oz. cans
Needs refrigeration after opening
Needs drank within 48 hours of opening (I freeze small servings and
defrost it daily)

I found the best price for it at a membership type club called COSTCO from
their pharmacy.  The price varied greatly around here so check everywhere
you can.  Good idea to give as a treat maybe once a week to all ferrets
since if they ever do get ill then they will already love this stuff and you
can feed them it during that time to avoid severe weight loss.  Just like
giving the baby food as a treat this will save valuable time when they are
ill since weight loss only complicates their problem more.  Hope this helps
anyone out there.

*          Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House        *
*          President & Founder of                   *

*F.A.N.G. - Ferret Association of Neverending Glee  *
*Location : Boise, Idaho                            *
*I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday,   *
*all THEY want is lots of love and great chow!!!!   *