From:
Linda Mooring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 13:52:21 -0800
Well, I'm pretty depressed.  I don't think SB55 has a chance to pass.  I've
been trying to reach all the senators on the Natural Resources committee all
day, and I'll I've been able to find out is that both Senators Mello and
O'Connell plan to vote "no" again when SB55 comes up next week.  Aides for
both senators are snail-mailing me information about why they won't change
their votes, so I probably won't know until it's too late (not that I'd be
able to do anything about it anyway).

Sounds like they've been inundated with information, calls, and letters, but
it hasn't helped our cause.  I really thought we were getting somewhere this
time.  Very discouraging.

I'm currently ferret-less, but have a little Stone Critter domestic ferret
on my monitor to keep me company until I can buy a legal carpet shark.
(It's manufactured by United Design Corp in Mobile OK, if you're
interested.)

I really thought we'd get somewhere this time . . .  I think I need to
move out of state.

Linda