From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 01:51:04 -0500
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been able to drop by.

Back in November/December of 1987, when I first suggested the idea of a
mailing list, I never would have thought that the mailing list would have
lasted so long and be so vibrant.  What I also find interesting is how much
has happened, how things have evolved in pet ownership.  We sure didn't
know very much about ferrets and ferret medicine and all that back then -
that's changed quite a lot - hasn't it?.

It was only a little more than a year ago that the FML hit issue 1000, and
I stepped down as moderator.  Yet there's been some 450 issues.  Amazing.
You'll have had as many issues in the 8th and 9th year as in the previous 7
put together.

Any of you following news.admin.net-abuse.misc/spamming debates will know
I've been quite busy of late, and have had little time for anything but the
occasional quick scan through the FML.  Patricia probably manages to read
more of the FML than I do.

What I've seen impresses me - Bill is doing a great job, aided by many of
the other long term members and contributors of the list.

Still getting better after all these years.  Amazing.

Patricia, Gregory and I would like to wish everyone all the best of the
season.
--
Chris Lewis: _Una confibula non sat est_
Latest psroff: ftp://ftp.uunet.ca/distrib/chris_lewis/psroff3.0pl17/*

[Moderator's note: Or is it Moderators' notes?  Thank you, Chris, for your
thoughts and for letting all of us hear from you.  I hope you can make the
FML's 10th anniversary bash in DisneyWorld ;-)  Best holiday wishes to you,
Patricia and little Gregory, from all of the FML subscribers, I'm sure. BIG]