From:
Dave Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 10:43:09 EST
We have had our ferret Zack for a year now.  Initially we would only let him
out while we were home in the evenings and on weekends.  We would put him in
his cage while the family was away at work and school and while sleeping.

It didn't take long for Zack to figure out the routine, maybe a month.  He
began disappearing immediately before bedtime and just as we were rushing
about to leave in the morning.

And so he figured out how to be out all day with our Chocolate Lab.  They
both have free reign of the house and haven't gotten into too much mischief.
So now the only time he's locked up is when we have friends with dogs coming
over or otherwise need a ferret free moment.