From:
ERIKA MATULICH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 18:16:31 -0600
We thought we would like to adopt another homeless fuzzie to join Misty,
Sasha, and Lizzie, so I went to visit the Ferrets are First Shelter in
Weatherford, TX, run by Patricia Curtis.  She had 23 ferrets to adopt!  With
great difficulty, I narrowed the list down to six, and Patricia brought them
to visit my home a few days later to see who would integrate with the girls,
and also to inspect my home for ferret-worthiness. I am happy to report that
we passed inspection, and we kept THREE boys!  (So much for "one more
ferret"). Bear is a dark sable male, Socks is a light sable-mitt, and slinky
is a silver mitt.  The boys are HUGE and dwarf the girls, but they get along
great!  My thanks to Patricia and Donna of the FAF shelter, who do an
OUTSTANDING job of providing foster care, rescue services, and information,
as well as thoroughly qualifying potential owners.

- Erika (and understanding hubby John)
  Misty (hey, this is MY sock drawer!)
  Sasha (I thought I was supposed to be the biggest ferret!)
  Lizzie (More buddies to play with!)
  Bear (Wow, a whole house to run in!)
  Socks (Where's the food?)
  Slinky (I can fill up this entire sock drawer myself!)