From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 23:36:51 -0500
Scott B. Maitland said-
>Tucker will emit loud "barks" at Holly which seem to confuse the hell out
>of her!

I have a ferret of unusual genes, but I think mine is related to monkeys,
not dogs.  ;)

One of our new additions,George, did this and scared the hell out of me!  I
had just bathed everyone and was trying to blow-dry George a little, when I
heard this horrible noise.  At first I thought it was the blow-dryer
freaking out on me and then I realized it was George!  It sounded like
monkeys screeching.  Poor little baby peed all over me too.  Of course, by
then, I was laughing so hard I could hardly talk to him to calm him down.

Last day of my classes was Friday and my creative writing teacher requested
the presence of the oft written about Queen of Thieves, Jezebel.  Well,
can't take just one, she might get lonely.:) So.  Ollie was selected as king
consort.  Had to clear the royal visit through my English Lit professor
since his class immediately preceeds cw.  Fortunately for us, he is English
and knows some about ferrets.  He said if they started making too much noise
I would have to take them out (we were having an essay test that day) so as
not to disturb the others.  Yes, you guessed it, Miss Queeny decided half
way through that the carrier was *no* place for royalty.  Participating in
class really paid off since the Prof himself took the royals out for a
stroll through the department offices.  When he walked out of the room with
the crate the whole class started laughing!  I don't think I have turned
quite that shade of red in a number of years.

And yes, the visit to creative writing went without incident for the most
part. (Of course, the litter box in the crate that they had been in for two
hours wasn't as nice as the corner of the *new* classroom) And Jezebel
figured out how to get on the tables and helped everyone with the in-class
writing.

Margaret-royal biographer
Ollie-but Mom, the corner is much nicer!
Jezebel-Hey Mom, I think I talked some people into belonging to Ferrets!