From:
Ellie Mors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 21:22:08 -0500
    Well I just had to tell you guys.  Christmas is a hit at our house.  We
put up THE TREE ( please add a drum roll here) tonight.  There were 6 of our
9 ferrets immediately bounding about underneath...I got an especially low
branch tree and wouldn't let them cut any off the bottom....just for the
babies....before the tree was even level and steady there was a ferret
frolic in progress.  We also tied a string to the top of the tree and
anchored it to the roof so no falling tree accidents will occur.  Wait until
they see the lights!  My two boys <uhh human children> are stringing Trix ,
Fruit Loops and Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries as I speak....Kang is
using his best 'ferret dog' eyes to acquire berry shaped pieces of
cereal...then stashing them under the low branches of the tree...a new stash
in the making!  I hope they don't claim everything we stash under
there<g>....we went out and got cereal for garland....wooden ornaments to
paint <with non-toxic paint> and beeswax and candle molds <neat flat candles
with lots of cool designs like trees, sleds etc>to make candles for
ornaments<not going to be lighted>...I also got some cookie cutters to make
healthy cookies to decorate and use for ornaments> also some velvety ribbon
to make bows...and last but not least....little candy canes<I figured if I
got the small ones they wouldn't eat so much at once>....can you tell this
tree has ferrets in mind?:)

    For Christmas the guys and girls are getting another 25 feet of septic
hose<black with ridges> a bunch more T's and Y's.  A new 6 holed ferret
ball.  A few hard rubber nobby jingle balls...two new hammocks....a new
pair of toenail clippers....and anything else I can aquire before the
eventful day.  Oh I am also only buying those big roll type rolls of
wrapping paper<did that make any sense?> so they can have them for tunnels
as well.  I uhhh <sheepish blush> also got them a new puppy for
Christmas...she is a Humane Society special...but of course they got her
early.  They almost have her trained already!

Much love and ferret kisses<but no Trix for you silly humans>
from the team of nine...oh yeah and me too!

Ellie