From:
C A Kruger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 13:24:46 -0600
Hello everyone.  I have a sad story, it does (unfortunately so) not have a
happy ending.

I was sitting in my living room yesterday afternoon looking out the window.
When two squirrels darted across the road, playing with each other.  Well, a
careless car hit one of them and drove off.  The squirrel made it to the
side of the road.  I took off out the door with

gloves in hand and a bag and towel.  I arrived at the scene, but the
poor critter did not move.  There was no blood or anything but he
wouldn't move.  I guess I wasn't quick enough to save him.  It is so
very sad because he looked so fat and healthy.  People should really
be more careful, especially this time of year.

Does anyone know what happened, how it could die so quickly?  Internal
injuries or something?  I thought it would be alive because it made it to
the side of the road.  Why would it have died so quickly, I guess I should
be grateful that it was quick, I was so hoping I could have helped though.

Abby must have known how sad I was because she visited with me most of the
night instead of scamping throughout the house.  It did make me feel better
that at least she was safe at home.  NOTE: Those of you with dogs and
ferrets, please keep the dog food away!!!  Abby stole some of the food and
was gagging and choking (I thought I would have to perform the old
heimlich), luckily I was able to pull the chunk of food out, she usually
just hides the dogs food, this time she tried to eat it herself.  YIKES!!
OH and one more BEWARE.  Anyone with hanging closet shoe racks?  Bailey (my
monster ferret) decided to climb this and ended up hanging by his head.
GOOD GRIEF!!  (don't worry I was keeping an eye out after the dogfood
incident and was right to the rescue, no more closet trips for either of
them.  Needless to say this has been quite a day!

Thanks for listening, I know you on this list are caring people.  It
is so nice to have you there.

Celeste