From:
CHERYL SUSANNE BLACK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 17:03:02 -0500
Debi,
I read your mail about your boyfriend and was completely horrified.  As a
victim of physical abuse I'm warning you to get away from your boyfriend as
soon as possible.  He might not seem so bad now but it only gets worse.
And for the ferrets call the nearest humane society.  No animal or human
should have to put up with that kind of subhuman.  No animal should be put
in a box covered in his own bodily wastes.  Animals have feeling and I know
from experience that my ferrets are very clean animals and would be very
upset if they had something happen to them like that.  They don't even like
using a semi-dirty litter box.  Please don't leave those ferrets with him.
They deserve love and respect as do you.  As for yourself don't use the
excuse that because your boyfriend is depressed you have to stay and try to
help him.  He needs help but unless he himself is willing to get the help
he needs there is nothing you can do.  My heart goes out to you and those
poor innocent ferrets.  Call the humane society please!!!