Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 02:57:04 -0500
I want to reiterate a caution I passed out a couple of months ago.  CA
residents should be EXtremely cautious about who they give out their names
and addresses to in relationship to their ferrets.  The CDFA asks for the
address information (we don't care if you have ferrets or not, but are there
to help you either way) only when you registar and become a member of our
organization, and then the information becomes highly classified and secured
(not even kept in the state).

CDFA, LOS CA, and FA have not heard of this gentleman and his organization.
We have spoken extensively with our 'rescue' groups who work with animal
control people all over the state, and no one recalls this person.  I am NOT
saying he is not legitamate and may be very helpful to ferret people, I am
advising extreme caution.

Ferret organizations, that I have worked closely with for over a year, have
contacted me asking if we have any knowledge of this person or his
organization, because they don't.  These are national organizations that
should KNOW of the existance of such a group.

I ask Mr. Porter, to please contact me again, with some sort of credible
validation that we can document.

Thank-you
CDFA1