From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 10:58:19 -0400
This is in answer to the Anonymous post regarding ferret shows in FFZ's.

The November 18, 19 event in Boston is the Pet Expo.  There will be NO LIVE
FERRETS at this event.  We will probably have Randy and Rascal there, they
are the stuffed BFF's that have been traveling with our table.  What the Pet
Expo is, is an event where a lot of different vendors/clubs/organizations/
shelters, etc.  get together at the Bayside Expo Center and hand out
material, sell things, etc.

I went to the first one several years ago and got to see the Mass State
Police K-9 demonstration, Wild African Cats, new pet products on the market
and tons of free samples from various pet food vendors.

The Mass Friends of the Domestic Ferret Group will be sharing a table with
the F.A.C.T.  (Ferret Association of Connecticut) Group.  They have been
there in years past helping to EDUCATE the public on the Domestic Ferret.
We decided that since we are newly formed, and have a lot of info to get out
to people, this would be a great opportunity for us.

We will have information on how people can help with House Bill 295, our
petition will  be there for people to sign, blank letters will be there to
Senator Birmingham so people will just be able to sign them, we will take
care of postage and envelopes and mail them for them.  Also, we will have
information on the ECE virus which many, many Mass residents do not know of
yet.

Anyone who lives in Mass and would like more information, please E-mail me
directly, and I'll be glad to send it to you.  Hope to see many of you at
this event.