From:
Ellie Mors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 04:53:41 -0400
    Though I am no expert of FFZ I think I can say with a pretty good sense
of authority that Orlando is not a FFZ.  I live about 1.5 hours from that
city and have 6 ferrets< I just adopted two from the Gainesville shelter
the other day...and it is this FML's fault<g>....they gave me the address>.
If I am not mistaken I saw shelters and contacts on the list available at
Ferret Central for the Orlando area.  So tell your friend to come on....but
to be prepared to supply Air Conditioning for the little darlings....they
don't handle our heat too well.  Also a town called Gainesville has one of
the leading ferret experts around<about 2 or 2.5 hours from Orlando> so vet
wise it should be okay too.

    If you have any other questions ask away....I'll try to give you
intelligent answers...or ask an intellegent <ferret>person....and
plagarize their answer unmercifully<g>

    Also tell your friend to be careful if traveling by car....as I said
ferrets overheat quick here in Fla.

Ellie