From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 17:32:35 -0400
>...  she was not extremely affectionate.  That all changed when we went on
>holidays.  We were camping in the mountains and in the evenings Farrah
>would get chilly...  and the little thing would love to crawl in between
>the layers and fall asleep...  Ever since that time, Farrah has been the
>most affectionate little thing ever.

*laugh* I posted recently about a camping trip my husband and I made to
Michigan's upper peninsula.  It just so happens that at the time (just
before labor day weekend) the evenings were a bit too chilly for Sebastian's
summer coat.  He soon learned that inside our Polartec fleece jackets (yes
the ones with the elastic bottoms) was the WARMEST place to sleep.  He
quickly fell into a routine of digging trenches under the picnic table, then
getting tired and begging one of us to pick him up for a nap inside the warm
jacket.  Ever since then, he's been real seriously cuddly.  He slept by
himself before.  Now, he demands lap space for every nap, and will even
rouse himself out of a sound sleep to put his little paws on our ankles for
a lift.  He spends every night curled up in our bed.  (heh, I also
discovered a new sound one night when I rolled over on him.  I guess I would
describe it as a real rapid chattering somewhat akin to "Hey, get your big
clumsy butt offa me!") Anyway, MAYBE the way to get a cuddly ferret is to
turn down your thermostat!

--Catherine Shaffer and Sebastian the (cuddly) vicious wild animal