From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 02:06:38 -0400
We have, in addition to the four fuzzies, Smudgie the mouse and Sniffy
the hamster, and occasionally, and fully supervised, the ferrets get to
have a look at the mouse/hamster up close, even touch noses. Neither Smudgie
nod Sniffy seem to exhibit any fear or interest in the big, mean weasels
who just want to play with them (not play WITH them, but PLAY with them).
Also, the local Humane Society, and Animal Control shelters alsways seem
to put the ferrets right next to the rabbits, and there seems to be
little fear on the bunnies' part. Maybe it's been bred out of them since
the days of hunting with ferrets. Some friends of mine used to hunt with
ferrets many years ago, and tell me that the fuzzies would scare the hell
out of the rabbits, but even when I take someone to the vet and there are
rabbits in the waiting room, there's no reaction. I usually piss the
rabbit owner off by saying "Look, Mookie - lunch!". Rabbit owners have
absolutely no sense of humor.

Someone asked about Burlington - If it's Burlington, Ontario you're
talking about, you won't find ferrets. It's an FFZ.

Stan, Terrie & Jen, with Mookie, Psycho, Cecil & Cocoa in Toronto