From:
Raymond Richmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 00:06:23 -0700
Ok, I can truly be called a newbie among ferret types, heck I don't even
have my own little fuzzie yet, but I have EVERYTHING else. :> Before I take
my last step I have several questions (Most likely over asked so reply by
e-mail may be best)

1) I was about to purchase my fuzzie at a local petstore (PJ's pets in
Edmonton, Alberta) wehn a friend told me no no no.  Stay away from pet
stores.  On a health basis, shuld these ferrets be avoided:

   1) About 9 weeks old, spayed/neutered and descented.  Is this too early?
      Problems I can expect due to it?

   2) Any things in particular I should look for on the ferret?  I have a
   fair bit of experience with animal examination but nil with these cute
   little sharks.  I would like to know where to start.

2) Best way to make the "move in" less stressful for them?

3) Could any of you point me to good sources of info on training these guys?

I think I'm in as bad a way about ferrets as one can be without actually
having the little beggars chewing on your toes. :> I even have names picked
out.  I find the FML to be the best forum on pets I've seen yet and plan on
being a part of it for a loooong while.  :>

P.S. Is there any asosiation of ferret owners in Edmonton or Alberta even?
If for nothing more than the odd ferret frolic..

        Raymond Richmond