From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 10:48:04 -0600
People have been talking lately about training ferrets to come to the noise
of a squeak toy.  I already have the perfect system.  I just say "Want
num-nums?" and they come running no matter what :).  Sometimes it takes 3
or 4 tries, but seldom more than that.  To test my theory this morning
while I was having breakfast and Cassie was snoozing I tried out the magic
phrase.  She stirred a little but didn't get up.  I tried again.  Her eyes
popped open, she sprang out of bed, ran over and stood in front of me with
an expectant look on her face, so I gave her a soggy corn flake (they love
those, though I know milk is no good for them so it's limit one per
customer :).

In issue 1437 Steve <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>they constantly have the "itches" -- they even jump straight up from a
>dead sleep and start scratching like demons were after them sometimes
>(kinda scary when they are sleeping on your lap!).

You should try it when they're sleeping in your shirt! :)  Both Cassie and
Sammy like to nap in my shirt at times, and more than once have had scratch
attacks while in there, causing them to scramble out as fast as they could.
Oh well, that cozy, loving feeling of their warm soft bodies against my
tummy is worth a few minor lacerations :).

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to Cassidy and Sammy
With loving memories of my dear departed Buddy