From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 15:16:10 -0800
Hi All,

I got a great bed time story for you, it goes something like this...

I was having to work like there was no tomorrow (which there wasn't, since
after working the 1st 48 hours or so without sleep there just isn't any
tomorrows, just one loooooooooong twilight).  I had crashed for a few
minutes (turned into a couple of hours), and didn't bother to put the
critters to bed (big mistake), since they were having such a good time
keeping me awake by the glow of the CRT, rearranging clothes, books, paper
and such as they are want to do, occasionally typing in a stream of
characters that made perfectly good sense at the time.

Anyhow Reno, was last seen (just before the eye lids slammed shut), perched
on the head of the bed, grinning about something (what it wasn't clear).  Ah
sleep, lovely seductive warm comforting sleep zzzZZzZZzZ...

I was in a warm sun filled bay somewhere off the coast of Baja (Las Animas
?) feeling the warm water washing slowly over me with the sound of the
critters dancing in the shallows...
        WAIT a minute, Reno doesn't like salt water ?
        WAIT I'm not in Baja, yet alone the Sea of Cortez ??
        WAIT, I'm at home in BED !!!

The eyes come to full focus, staring into the eyes of Silky, who is looking
just a bit more than pissed off, having been stranded on top of my head by a
rising, or more accurately, my body slowly sinking into the newly released
warm water of my water bed (sigh...).  There's Reno at the foot of the bed
jumping up and down splashing, snorkling, and scooting water all over the
place looking immensely pleased with him self...

All the sheets, pillows, and blankets are soaked.  I was lucky that the
water bed liner really worked, otherwise the carpeting would have been
soaked too.  If you've owned a water bed, then you know how smelly the
contents get after a few years, even with conditioner.

To this day I still don't know if Reno had planed my baptism or what, all I
know is that he was way to pleased with his conquest of the giant squishy
toy.  Well couple of days later and $100.00 poorer, I still had damp
blankets, the pillows went to the dump, and the critters now "go" to bed
before I do, no ifs ands or buts.  So all of you with "bed problems" count
your blessings, you could be a ferret drowning victim.

-jay-