From:
Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 14:01:00 PDT
Top this one.....

Your ferret works on removing a broom from the side of the fridge (takes her
a week) so she can get behind the fridge. When it finally tips over, she
marvels at her accomplishment....you casually walk over and wedge it back in
beside the fridge while she is marvelling......she watches you do this and
then she throws a temper tantrum on the broom, screaming, anger dooking and
shaking it as you walk away.

Rule # 1 of being a cat/2 ferret owner:

NEVER, I repeat,, NEVER neglect to feed the critters. I didn't get the food
last night because there was more than 1/2 a bowl left. I was going to buy
it at lunch today and fill up their bowl at lunch. The bowl was empty this
morning. Oh $@#! was what went through my mind this morning. I've never left
the kids hungry before....was hoping all would be OK by the time I got their
lunch.

Well.....

Mindy began the protest immediately as she realized that no food was to be
offered. She pee-d on the floor beside the bowl as she stared me in the eye.

I got home at lunch with a huge bag of Science Diet. Walked in the door. Mr.
Samson, my cat, didn't like the lack of food either. My plants were uprooted
and tipped, mud paw prints were all over my window ledge, kitchen table,
computer equipment, phone, desk. An empty carton that had a danish in it
before was on the floor, ransacked....Ferret poops were on the floor in
various places.

Samson sat on the bed looking at me quite smug.  Boy, what a bad feeling I
had.  Anger, embarrassment, and shame....Couldn't repromand them for my
error.

The Kids just trained daddy how not to neglect them.

Ouch.

Rob -      " Thanks for not ransacking the bread in the kitchen Samson...."

Samson - "Considered it....let you off easy this time...."
Mindy -    "Do it again papa, and  you better check your boots before
putting them on..."
Gabby-     "Papa didn't mean it.....but I put in my two poops worth on the
subject."