From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 11:38:44 -0400
H'lo, Melissa n gang here...

Ferrets love new apartment. 'Nuff said.

*giggle*  My SO has a big, old, grumpy and sedentary cat (BOBOkitty) who
also happens to be declawed. Doesn't matter. Noodle is terrified of her
(why, we dont know), Potpie is conditioned to ignore old grumpy cats, and
Friday doesn't even notice the cat's presence. giggle - i DO know better,
and i know that BOBO enjoys terrorizing Noodle. Poor kid! Teehee.

Three minor problems:

1) Noodle 'beating up' on Friday. She makes horrible noises. He drags her
around by her ears and the top of her head. How much should i intervene?
She's about 1.5 yr, he's 6 mo.
2) Friday eats BOBO's "Iams Less Active" (should be "Iams Immobility")
for cats. 28% protein. I try to keep her away from the food dish, but
apparently it's darned tasty stuff. Buh.
3) Friday biting. She walks up to you, looks up at you, then jumps up and
takes a chunk out of your calf muscle. And then runs away very very fast.
Analyses? If i can catch her, i scruff her until she looks grumpy, then
let her go. She won't bite if i'm watching her.

Random other updates:
Potpie is back to her "normal" self. All her weight's back, she's eating
normally, her stools are normal. Friday briefly got ECE, and is back to
normal, with an occasional funky-looking stool.

To the poster who asked about blindness because her ferret was running
into walls occasionally: Noodle does that all the time. We know he's not
blind - he's just exceptionally easily excited and clumsy. He's a big
dumb chunk o' ferret. His new favorite game: fling Noodle from the dryer
hose. He'll run in one end, poke his nose out the other, and wait for me
to whip the hose around so that he goes flying out (takes a lot of
energy. He's HEFTY now) onto the carpet. ZOOM. Dook dook dook. Gallop.
Repeat.

Until next time,
Melissa et al

  Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
  Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!