From:
Stephanie Mudgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 10:54:17 -0500
Hello all,

I run a small shelter out of my home which has only been in operation since
the beginning of August.  A couple of months ago we received an unspayed,
scented female.  We had her spayed, but did not descent.  As she was never
accustomed to other ferrets other than for breeding purposes, she sprays
whenever another ferret plays a little rough with her.  I wouldn't mind the
spraying if I knew a quick way to get rid of the smell.  I don't want to use
Lysol--is there a natural odor killer that would be quick and effective for
her occasional "poofs"? At first it was just a slight smell...now she really
"blasts"!  It's enough to gag a person, but the ferrets don't seem to mind.

Thanks,

Stephanie and the 17 fuzz monkeys