From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 21:18:24 -0500
Dook!
    Dook!
        Dook!
Dance of Joy! Dance of Joy!
            for Massachusetts!!!

A large round of appaws and heartfelt thanks to the MANY MANY MANY people
from Massachusetts and around the country who helped make ferrets legal
in Mass (well, almost, we still need to wait till March 7).

* * * Two people absolutely deserve to be mentioned for their *incredible*
efforts on this bill...* * *

First, a lifetime supply of ferret kisses and raisins to Sharon Burbine for
her endless energy, unbelievable dedication and creativity (who else would
run out of a laundromat in the middle of doing their laundry to call up a
talk show and initiate a discussion on ferrets--and then end up getting the
host to join the cause, come to a rally and do a show on ferrets??) It would
be impossible to list everything that Sharon has done this past year, but
she has been truly ferretlike in her persistence and hard work on this
bill!!!!!

And second, Bill Williamson has probably researched and distributed more
information on ferrets than anyone in the 5,000 year history of ferret
domestication!!!!  Bill & Susie and their wonderful fuzzy Squeekers and the
late Rocky also went public and let themselves be photographed and
interviewed for the front page of our local newspaper--no small risk

in a state where your ferret could still be confiscated--as well as allowing a
TV news crew to come into their home on a moment's notice to film a delightful
and educational segment (including Peaches, too!)

Without Sharon and Bill, HB 295 would not have passed this year.  And
finally, a very special thanks to Rep. Brad Jones who co-sponsored and
supported this bill throughout the whole *long* legislative process.

Again, MANY MANY MANY thanks to everyone for making this happen!!!!  :-)

--Ronnie DiComo
Ralphie "Hey, we're legal!! Mom's gonna bring me in to where
    she works!"
Cinderella "I'm going out to the store to buy myself some
    raisins!"
Harry "I'm going outside to play in the snow!"