From:
Tony & Donna Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 14:33:00 EST
INTERPRETIVE COMMENTS: Multiple sections from a complete necropsy were
examined histologically.  Primary lesions are confined to the small
intestine and colon.  Intestinal sections exhibit diffuse necrosis of the
superficial villi with accumulated necrotic cellular debris present within
the intestinal luman.  Scattered intestinal crypts are also filled with
inspissated and necrotic cellular debris.  Necrosis also extends into the
areas of the colon.  Clusters of bacteria are also adherent to intact
enterocytes.  Alterations are suggestive of a primary viral enteritis as
commonly observed with parvovirus infection.  The possibility of an
aggressive corona virus with secondary bacterial endotoxemia is also
considered.  Sections of spleen show reactive hyperplasia of the lymphoid
population accompanied by extramedullary hematopoiesis.  Sections of kidney,
stomach, and liver show no significant alterations.  CULTERE/TEST RESULTS;
no salmonella sp.  isolated, no pathogens isolated @ 48 hours, no
campylobacter sp.  isolated, clostridium perfringens isolated.

I hope this is enough information to help you.  I would appreciate your
input from this information.  By the way, my vet uses FERVAC-D for my
ferret's immunizations.  Thank you for your time.

Tony, Donna, Logan & Linea Vincent

Family Members:
The Lhasa Apsos - Casey and Megan
The Fuzzies - Nikki & Jasmine
The Felines - Sabe', Chardonnay, Georgie, Julius, Samir, Matise, and Sidney
The Bunnies - Frazier and Niles
and many more...