From:
Nina Janes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 09:31:47 -0700
I visited Carolyn Kinsey in her home/ferret shelter yesterday. Carolyn
takes care of about 40 ferrets, many sick, many needing constant attention,
all at one point unwanted. Carolyn and Andy Abate have also worked with
the Black Footed Ferrets at the Pueblo, CO facility before the ferrets were
released. They both still fight the battle to establish a center for those
too old/ sick to be released. Carolyn does an amazing job caring for all
those wonderful shelter ferrets. She gives them food, medicine, care, and
lots of love. I just wanted to thank Carolyn and all others who run
shelters, you are all very special people. I would also like to remind the
rest of us ferret lovers that shelters need our help also - supplies,
money, food, etc. So as the holidays are getting closer, please don't
forget the shelter ferrets. Do something special for them also.

Nina Janes
Colorado Springs, CO