From:
"dmi.net" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 22:33:18 -0700
Hi,
    Thanks to Melissa and to Bill Killian for helping me with my baby and
ferret problem:).  Luckily I was able to convince my uncle that ferrets are
basically O.K.  by showing him the letters from Melissa and Bill and
various parts of the Ferret FAQ.  So...

Say hi to...TAZ!

    Taz is a blackeyed white (with a touch of butterscotch) male 2 yr old
that weighs in at a hefty 3 & 1/8th lbs. Here's how it happened:

    Kelleen recieved a phone call from a lady who said she was trying to
sell one of her 3 ferrets because the young one didn't get along with the
older ones.  The young one, Taz, is 2 years old and very lovey.  She said
she didn't know what to do, because she had put up flyers and put an ad in
the Thrifty Nickle (a small press publication) and hadn't recieved *any*
right away!  I was overjoyed to think I might get a fuzzy so of course I
wanted to head right over!

    When we got there we met the lady and went inm to see the ferret. The
lady had dogs galore, at least one cat and 3 ferrets. One of the older
ferrets was almost completely bald!! The lady thought this was normal in
a 9 year old ferret! She also said the other old ferret (not sure how old
she said) also gets that way, but not to that extent and her vet told her
it was normal.

    Well, I ended up getting Taz for around $55 with a big cage, hammock,
water bottle, food dish, litter pan and even a favorite little worn-out
stuffed toy:). Kelleen also ended up giving me some ferret toys and other
basic supplies all for $5 since I don't have any yet and she didn't want
Taz to feel deprived on the first night at his new home:) (My thanks to
Kelleen for all her help).

    Taz has been a very lovey ferret and *great* about using his litter box
[he even put himself to bed today:)] He is so cute, especially when he is
climbing.  His butt is rather fat and while he can get his front paws up to
pull himself up, he has the hardest time getting that fat butt of his to
follow <G>.  Also, when he climbs down, he goes butt first ;) Kelleen's
ferrets always went head first, so this looks kinda odd to me <g>.

    I'm sooooo glad to be a daddy again!  There's nothing like the
pitter-patter of little feet (especially when accompanied by a
dook-dook-dook);)

Taz - "I'm soooo good! kiss-kiss-dook-dook
David - "Happiness is a ferret kiss"

*    David Caudill ----  [log in to unmask]                  *
*    Ste 778  3929 Overland                            *
*    Boise, Idaho  83705                               *
*    F.A.N.G. - Ferret Association of Neverending Glee *
*    Vice President and co-founder                     *