From:
Jennifer Morlanne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 10:31:13 EST
Cindy:
I have a ferret (Maggie) that had the same symptoms as Axel; lethargy and
alot of sleeping.  She had low blood glucose level.  The vet put her on .3cc
of Pred 2 times a day.  WOW!  What a change!!  Overnight!  From the first
dose she changed.  She now plays and gives everybody a good fight (I had
forgotten how tough she can be).  I am so happy to see the change.  I expect
that as time goes by, she will deteriorate and surgery or stronger
medication will be needed.  But I'm very happy she is feeling so much
better.  Oh, I also make sure that she eats plenty of food to help maintain
glucose levels normal (Thanks, TLE).  I have a recipe for something called
'Insulinoma Elixir' from Mary Van Dahm which she loves and helps her out.

Bill:
I'm terribly sorry about Rocky.  Your eulogy was beautiful.  I'm sure her
life with you was wonderful; it's obvious that you loved and cared for her
very much.  After all, what more can anyone want.  Remember that someday
you'll be together again.

Ferret hugs and kisses to ALL!!

Jennifer.