From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 11:13:07 -0400
I attended my first ferret club meeting last night. It was further than I
thought, took well over an hour to get there, but it was worth it!

There were about 50 people there. The question was asked "How many of you
never met another ferret owner before?" and half raised their hands. The
organizers hope to sponsor a ferret show by next fall, and are associating
with NAFA.

A local vet who is knowledgeable about ferrets answered questions.  He said
that a hormonal assay for adrenal problems has recently been developed at U
of Tennessee, and that it could be diagnosed without surgery in many cases.
Is that true?

There was a raffle of items donated by a local pet shop.  I didn't win
anything.  :-( I did get to see the 1996 Ferret Calendar.  The picture on
the cover (January) is too precious for words.  Two ferrets are sleeping
draped into 3 champange glasses, with New Years paraphernalia around them.
How they got them to do that is beyond me.  Anyway, the cute factor of ALL
the pictures is way off the top end of the scale.

I talked briefly about the FML, and passed out copies of Pam Greene's
mini-faq.

Linda, Richard, Joy, Belle and Caruso