From:
Elisa Beth Stamm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:36:27 -0500
Does anyone know if ferrets dream (or have nightmares)?  Occasionally when
my girls are sleeping, one will make a whimpering type noise.  I don't know
if its because they are dreaming or if they are having trouble breathing
because the other one is one their face.  When they are making the noise
(only 10-20 sec) I will usually rub their bellies or the underside of their
necks and talk to them and they usually quiet down.  When they are making
the noise, their chests are moving up and down more rapidly than normal.
Any ideas?

Lisa (Bell and Baby (and Mr. Y and Miss Silver -visiting for 2 weeks)