From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 15:09:20 EST
Well, on Sunday night a new playmate for Ralphie and Cinderella arrived,
complete with his own welcoming party of 2 other ferrets.  So the 5 of
them (Ralphie & Cinderella, Chi Chi & Lebby, and the New Guy) had a
wonderful time chasing each other, running through cardboard tubes,
meeting the cats and Max the dog, running in and out of their carriers
and Sherpa bag, and searching for raisins.  By the end of the night
everyone was exhausted (including the humans).

The New Guy seems right at home and is very busy exploring.  It is a lot of
fun watching him discover all the ferret places in the house.  Like
Cinderella, he can squash himself under the bedroom door.  He's already
found the forbidden space behind the bathroom wall and has been going in
and out of the kitchen cabinets.  Ralphie slept with him for a few hours
last night in a cardboard box that has a hole on top; first Ralph popped
out, then the new guy stuck his head out looking for Ralph (I need a video
camera).  Ralph seems a little confused by his presence here; also, the New
Guy looks very similar to Ralph (sable) so telling them apart will be a
challenge.  So far, so good, he just needs a name, though I'm leaning
towards Harry (any other interesting suggestions greatly appreciated).

--Ronnie (human & chief food supplier) "oh, he's sooooo cute"
--Ralph "um, I think Chi Chi and Lebby forgot to take their
   friend home with them"
--Cinderella  "maybe if I bite this new guy a few times he
   won't mess with me"
--New Guy  "wow! tunnels!" run run run, explore, explore,
   explore "whoa! what's this big thing sniffing me?"
--Max the dog "huh? looks like Ralph but smells different"
--all the cats "oh, no, not another one of *those* things!"