From:
Cheryl Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 14:12:45 -0700
Our ferret "Baby" spends a great portion of his life in a large cage.  We
take him out daily for his share of fun and amusement.  (Much to the
irritation of our dogs) It did'nt take us long to figure out that the
kitchen is no place for a ferret.  Our cubboards are designed so that there
is a space underneath them that can't be seen, but CAN be accessed by a
small sneaky creature.

I had Baby out for his daily romp on evening while I was putting away
laundry.  When I noticed I couldn't hear him anymore I knew I better see
what was up.  I ended up in the kitchen, I almost went into a panic when I
remembered that my husband had been doing work in there and the heater vent
grid was missing.  Fortunately Baby appeared a few seconds later from
underneath the cubboards.  He is now banned from the kitchen.  We wouldn't
want him making any messes under the cubboards we couldn't get to;) Also, if
anyone has a suggestion on what to use as a food dish that he could not dump
over I would appreciate it.  We have tried the weighted ones and the ones
that are suppose to be "spill proof", even tried one made for a rabbit that
hooks to the side of the cage.  He tipped everyone and the bottom on his
cage has a tray under it, so the food goes where he cant reach it.  I have
also tried putting handfuls on his blankets but when he crawls into them he
spills it also.

Cherie Lester
Baby 4,  and misc..dogs, rabbits, rats and kids.