Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 08:40:17 -0400
Hey, all.  I gotta couple of questions regarding Coco, the sterling silver
female we let move in a few weeks ago.

Wait.  *Is* she a female??

I was told she was a female, but we can't find any...um...distinguishing
sex characteristics.  Of any kind.  There is a, excuse the terms, hole
for poop and a hole for pee, and NOTHING ELSE.  No penis.  No vulva.
Nada. WHAT IS SHE???  WHERE ARE THEY????  I mean, not that it matters,
really, but......  :-)

And she's got this...this...FASCINATION with sharking up to the bottom of
doors (usually leading to rooms she's not allowed in.....) and DIGGING up
the carpet underneath the door.  I mean, FRANTICALLY.  We've tried to set
up another baby gate just covering the door (to the kids' room, where
there are A ZILLION SMALL RUBBER TOYS AND A HAMSTER IN A CAGE oh JOY!)
but she crawls up the thing, FLINGS herself into the space between the
door and the gate, and digs away.

She's six months old.  Is she EVER going to stop flinging herself around
and sit still?  Perhaps cuddle up on the couch without thinking my toes
are made for her amusement only?  Or terrorizing the dogs by chattering
at them and doing the "weasel war dance" in circles around them until
they're totally freaked out?  This is the greatest pet.....perhaps if
she'd hold still, we'd see what she LOOKS like.

Laurel in Ohio....with the growing zoo.....

"a complicated life has so many opportunities..." -Karen Finley