From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 09:37:27 -0700
    Milo, our youngest 'kid'/kit used to holler at me all the time from his
little cage when I first got him.  You could hear him from any room in the
house.  He would grab the bars, shake them back and forth and just yell.
There really is no other word to describe it, because it sure wasn't a
scream or a dook.  He would only stop if I came and got him.  He also used
to sit on the couch (before he learned how to hop off) and if I left the
room he'd run right to the arm and crane himself as far off as he could to
see where I was.  Sometimes he'd holler again just to see me come running.
Now, he's completely posessive.  If another ferret is lying on my lap, he'll
scoot over, grab them by the back of the neck and FLING them away, then
crawl in himself.  He knows and his name and always comes running to it.
Now that's a ferret.

    His sister (same birthday, same breeder/supplier says the pet store)
Mazzy wags her tail all the time.  I always know when I'm in for a foot
attack when her tail starts going.  Today my boyfriend chased her across the
kitchen and she got behind the door and postively *screamed* at him.  So I
told him to pick her up and apologize and she started wagging her tail and
proceeded to chase *him* across the kitchen.  Now that's another ferret.
But the tail wagging thing is totally new to me...is this common?  None the
ferrets I have ever owned have done this particular trick.

     As for Ferret Holiday cards, make your own!  We do ours every year
and everyone loves them.  All you need is a few props, a few good pictures
and reprints.  Then go to your local art store and pick up blank cards and
those little glue-on photo corners to keep them in place.  What fun!!!

     Does anyone know what might be involved in shipping a ferret to
Alaska via airplane, from Vancouver?  I know there was some discussion on
inter-state flights a while back, but this is a new one for me.  You can
e-mail me personally rather than take up space.
Thanks!!
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >