From:
Alyssa Umsawasdi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:21:19 -0400
Well, today's family adventure consisted of a fun and exciting trip to...
THE VET!!!

Sneaky and Nori went in today for rabies and distemper vaccinations (no
reactions!), and all checked out well.  I had a good excuse for sticking
around afterwards to make sure their little ferret bodies didn't freak
out...  it was also Camara the kitty's turn for all the good stuff-
rabies, distemper, feline leukemia, etc.

They didn't seem to enjoy having their temperatures taken or having the
fecal sample taken.  Can't say I blame them...

The highlight of the day was when they each decided to give the technician
a little present to show how much they enjoyed being poked and prodded...
;-)  tee hee... or should I say tee tee?!?

I do have a question for the experts, though...  My vet thinks that
Sneaky (2.5 years, 1.0 lb) should gain some more weight.  She is small
and thin, but otherwise healthy and energetic.  I personally think that
she likes being this skinny-- lets her slip under doors and sneak around
the house!  Anyway, the vet suggested that I give her Ferretvite and feed
her a greater proportion of kitten food.  Currently, she and Nori are
eating half ProPlan Turkey, half Science Diet kitten food.  He gave me a
sample of Hill's Prescription Diet Health Blend Kitten Food.  So getting
to the question, what are some other healthy ways I could put some weight
on her?  Would feeding her some duck soup help?

At the same time, the vet also thinks that Nori should trim down some of
his fat.  Nori has a bit of a tummy pudge.  =) He suggested putting Nori
on a maintenance diet of adult cat food.  Problem is that these guys share
a cage, and both love to eat just about everything.  Short of separating
them (last resort), how can I be sure Sneaky and Nori are both eating food
that is appropriate for their vastly different levels of body fat?

Sorry this turned out to be so long... and thanks for listening!

...Alyssa -- two-legged mommy of Sneaky, Nori, and Camara