From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 22:36:30 -0500
Roberto ...
Is it possible that the ferretone may be getting onto your ferret???  I
don't know if you have ever noticed but the ferretone ( whether diluted
wityh olive oil or straight) DOES smell a good deal like chocolate....  it
does not taste like it so I recommend not tasting it....  from one who has
tried..  It is possible that if the ferret is imbibing in too much ferretone
it is smelling like chocolate as the oil is permeating thorugh it's pores...
PLeaser remember that even though the lable on the ferretone bottle says you
may give your ferret a teaspoon a day that in time if you do so daily the
ferret may start showing some signs of hair loss, lack of lustre in coat
etc....  otherwise known as Vitamin A toxicity--- please dilute the
Ferretone with olive oil--- we suggest 25-33% ferretone the rest olive
oil....  Then you may give 2 pumps or the equivalent of a teaspoon...

This helps in behavior modification for hard to teach ferrets....  we tested
this theory on 100 fuzz faces in the past year...

With jumps and dances from the kids at Ferret Wise &
Alicia the shelter Momma