Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 12:41:25 -0500
From:
Michele Zelando DSMD <[log in to unmask]>
To Lauren:
My brother works for USAIR and his advice is...list your ferrets as cats.
Put them in a carrier that will fit under the seat and make sure it has alot
of blankets in it.  Also bring along their papers that proves that they are
up to date on thier rabies and distemper shots.  It will cost about $45 one
way or $90 round trip to fly them.  If you tell USAIR that you are flying
ferrrets, you will not be able to fly.  Only dogs and cats are able to fly
in the passenger part of plane..otherwise they will have to go in the belly
of the plane.  And I wouldn't put a fuzzie in the belly of a plane!!!  (The
reason for alot of blankets is to hide them in the carrier)

Distributing information pertaining to the FAQ in pet stores is a geat idea!
Pet stores as well as potential buyers are not informed about ferrets.

I also want to agree with everyone else..I become outraged when I go into a
pet store and see them treating a ferret like it was a gerbil or hamster.
I also saw the ferret starter kit that is similar to a hamster starter kit
with ferret food substituted in.  What a disgrace!!!  Is there some way
that pet stores could not sell ferrets????  Our local pet store receives
ferrets from a local breeder, and not even a reputable one...just some guy
or something like that.  How terrible!!!

To Greg:
Binki was very litter trained.  He was never caged, so he always had the
run of the house.  We have a three story home.  Binki would be in the
basement and run all the way to his room (2 stories up) to use the litter
box.  So I think that how well a ferret is trained is dependent upon the
owner and the individual ferret.  Also Binki did not miss until he was
older and sick.  But eventhen, he would drag himself to the litter box.

Ferret kisses to all,
     Michele