From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 14:46:35 -0500
>I am convinced now that this in the only way to get a ferret...to get a
>baby and raise it yourself.

I have a problem with this statement, Kennedy.  What kind of message does
this send?  My girls were adopted at 7 mos in April and 1.5 years of age in
June, and I WOULD NOT trade them for the world.  They are lovable, sweet,
and trained (as ferrets go).  One is 'skittish', the other 'sociable'.  Your
statement reminds me of two-legged people who want 'their own child' instead
of adopting so that they can _mold_ him/her to what they want.  Look at
society...Is this what actually happens?  Adoptees, at any age, are
worthwhile, loving, needing beings.

As many FMLers can attest, adoption is worthwhile and fulfilling.