From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 07:56:21 -0500
One of our ferrets, Ayla, has been acting strange lately.  She's slightly
over 1 year old.  As a kit, she was totally wired, 24/7.  As she approached
9 or 10 months, she calmed down considerably.  She likes being held, kissed
& hugged.  But lately I've noticed a dazed look about her.  For example,
I'll walk into their bedroom (they're all up and have been), and she'll be
sitting in the middle of the floor, sort of in a crouched position, similar
to that of a cat on the prowl.  But she's just staring ahead.  Not drooling
or anything.  Just sitting there like a very non-morning person at 5am.
And usually she'll spot you on her own (but it takes a couple of seconds of
calling her name), and then she'll want held.  Other times, I'll call her
name and she doesnt resond, so I'll go up and gently touch her, which snaps
her back to reality, and it provokes play with her, as she starts dooking
and chasing my hand.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Other than this, she seems fine in the
usual ferret ways.  Does this indicate a health problem or just a dazed
ferret?  She's the only one that does this, that's why I ask.  The other 5
never do this (unless they're very tired, but Ayla does it even when she's
not tired).

Mish