From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 17:57:31 -0500
Y'know, ferrets will forever remain an enigma to me.  Why, a month or so
ago, I bought Paleface his very own ferret tube (well, ok, it was intended
to be a dryer vent hose, but dont tell him that).  I was so excited (for
him, of course).  Wouldn't he just love to tunnel in his very own ferret
tube.  Wrong.  I suppose one might have termed his reaction, uh, indifferent
at best.  Sigh.  I resigned myself to removing the unwanted play thing from
his room last night (afterall, everyone should have a spare dryer vent hose,
right?).  I coiled the hose back up into a neat little bundle and put it in
the hall outside his room so that it might be brought downstairs.

I couldn't have made it more interesting.

Suddenly, the dryer vent hose, uh, ferret tube was discovered.  Eureka!
Paleface spent a surprising amount of time tunnelling in and out of the tube
and, most amusingly, rolling around inside of it to scratch his back.  He
really took the cake when he laid on his back in the tube and pulled himself
along with his hands (he prefers to have his front feet referred to has
hands).  He made it through all eight feet of the tube that way!  (I suppose
that's the ferret equivalent to making it all the way across the monkey bars
on the playground.) Well, the ferret tube is now properly back in its place,
Paleface's bedroom.

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all!

Gina
and
Paleface (Cool, where'd this tube come from?)