From:
Kate Gerten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 16:31:45 -0600
Hi All--
        I have been on the list (as a silent observer) since the end of
October and have never seen the issue of having young kids around ferrets
discussed.  I have 3 ferrets (Bucky & Madie--sable, & Bruce the abominable
snow ferret) and I am so proud of how they behaved on Thanksgiving Day (i
know that T-day was over a week ago, but i've been studying for midterms).
We were at my in-laws and the nieces & nephews knew that we had the ferrets
with us.  The kids kept peeking at them in their kennel.  Finally we gave
into the kids & decieded to let the weasels out to play.  Well the 7 kids
(all under the age of 8) had a riot chasing them around the kitchen, picking
them up, and trying to get the ferrets to play tube.  And through all of
this the ferrets didn't bite anyone!!!  I was so amazed (cuz I know that
they like to bite me, esp. Bucky, when they don't get to do what they want)
& proud!!

Kate & Leo -- happily owned by Bucky, Madie, & Bruce