From:
"Lindy N. Garner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 15:43:15 -0700
Is there anyone out there that lives in the Moscow, Idaho area with a ferret
named bailey????????  You apparently used the vet that I am taking Idgie to
next week for an adrenalectomy.  I would really like to talk to you about
the vet and whether you were happy with her efforts.

By the way fmlers, PLEASE HELP

so what else can be done if the one removed is cancerous.
Will Idgie just have to bide her time??
Can you give them something??
Is there any routine treatment for after the adrenal gland is removed,
like do you always give them prednisone??
If so how much and what form???  This vet talked about giving prednisone in
liquid form, but that ferret (Bailey) didn't like the taste and they
couldn't get it down her.
What is the appropriate follow-up to having both adrenal glands removed??

I am very anxious about taking my munchkin in for this surgery much less
getting her the appropriate follow-up care.  Since I am driving 4 hours
to a vet for the surgery it won't be easy to use her for follow-up.  The
more info the better then, eh??  I am pretty sure Idgie is healthy enough
for surgery but she has thinned, but all the hair on her belly is gone.
She still plays but in shorter bouts.  Any comments are welcome.  Thanks
again to this list, I had lots of questions for the vet that made me feel
much better about doing all this, I think she probably things I am some
crazy women from Montana taking my ferret to Idaho, but I don't care.
She actually asked once if I was a vet, I just said no, I am on this
wonderfel list on internet that has tons of great information.  So thanks
again in advance and everyone along with all your fuzzies think pleasant
and positive thoughts for Idgie next Tuesday-21st.

Lindy Garner
Research Assistant
Montana Cooperative Wildlife Research Unit
Univeristy of Montana
Missoula, MT  59812
406/243-4396w
406/777-5618