From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 09:21:23 -0500
These Stats come from Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
(FFIRCI)
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International Shelter (FFIRCI-S)
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International  (FFDRI)

FFIRCI - Started March 1991 - membership - 9
FFIRCI - Membership as of July 1995 - 745
FFIRCI-S   Shelter Started June 1991

As of July October 1995

151 ferrets taken into shelter
- 8 currently in shelter
- 5 (passed across Rainbow Bridge - current status - Furry Angels)

Total Vet Expense for incoming Shelter Kids - as of 1 October 1995 - $11,
845.82

FFIRCI sent out in August of 1994 - 301 questionnairs regarding ownership of
ferrrets and other animals.

Findings     120 forms returned,    99.435% own Ferrets

Total Ferrets owned - 479
Total animals not including ferrets - 1354

Total all animals owned by those who responded - 1833

FFDRI - Data

Disasters responded to since August 1992 - 20

Ferret rescued due to disaster - 47 (this is iffy - the 47 were rescued by
the Southeastern U.S. Coordinators - as we have coverage in 42 states we do
not have good numbers for the Northeastern, Southwestern, or Northwestern
sections)

I believe someone ask for statistics - at the present time this is the best
we can give as I feel it is important to have written information to back up
the stats.

Chere McCoy
FFIRCI
FFIRCI-S