From:
Margo Ellingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 13:19:44 -0400
Hi everyone!  I'm Margo.  Not only am I new to the list, but I'm new to this
whole computer thing!  I have three ferrets right now.  This is in response
to Kathleen's question.  I've had some experience with adrenal disease.  One
of my ferrets(Hooch), at three years old lost most of his hair.  He was
diagnosed with this disease.  My vet said he only had a little time left
withouy surgery.  I found a vet to do the surgery.  He removed the one
adrenal gland.  Hooch came through fine.  Within a month his fur grew back
totally and he went from an old man to a kit again!  About six months after
that, he started to loose his fur again.  Yes, the disease went to the other
gland.  I was told this may happen (And usually does) at the beginning.  Now
Hooch has no fur and is an old man again.  There is nothing left I can do
for him but pray, and do everything to make him happy.  He waits everyday to
go out in the hot sun, and he has his friends to keep him going.  My vet
calls him the wonder ferret.  You see, Hooch is now six years old and has
been like this for three years.  The vet thinks he should have been gone a
long time ago.  If I didn't have the surgery done I think he would have left
us.  It, and a whole lot of love has kept him with me and he still seems ok.
   Good luck to you and anyone who has a "naked" fuzzy.   Margo

Margo (Keeper of the beasts)
Hooch (Retired nomad and virtual wonder ferret)
Jingle Belle  (Ferret equivalent to Piglet,"I'm a bit nervous")and
Buster (Me too, me too, me too!)
Margo Ellingsworth, [log in to unmask]
"She might be gone tomorrow, honey say what you gotta say!"  Steven Tyler