Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 20:51:56 -0500
Fuzzies 0, Humans 1
-------------------

Finally won the battle for the couch!  Dodger set up an office in there
about two months ago, and we have been trying to evict him since.

Step one was to remove the sheet of fabric that covers the underside.  This
eliminated a rather large ferret hammock.  However, it didn't do the trick.

Next, we eliminated the 1 1/2" legs.  Dodge lost one handy access route
(couldn't get in from underneath).  Well, this totally backfired:  Dodger
was very pleased to have had his fortress secured, and added an executive
washroom to his office complex.

Today, I added 6" legs to our sad old couch.  It now looks like we're
waiting for flood season to hit our livingroom, but putting stilts on the
thing has eliminated a lot of privacy for Dodge, and he's moved out.

Cats 1, Fuzzies 0
-----------------

After being bodychecked by a wet, freshly-bathed fuzzy, my Balinese
"Siddhartha" (the placid Buddha cat) has been letting me know exactly
when any ferret approaches him with LOUD vocalizations.  Sid's a bit
of a pansy, and doesn't know how to tell a ferret to go away by the
application of force.

"Mad Dog"  (a.k.a. "Lightning Paws"), the Siamese, doesn't have this
problem.

...So the cats have recently formed a tag team.  Sid attracts a ferret's
attention, and starts running.  Mad waits in a predetermined ambush spot.
Sid runs past Mad, Mad reaches out at the chasing ferret and swipes all
its feet out from under it.  Ferret are tails wagging!

Sid:   "Mommm!!!  Dodger's loooking at me again!!!"
Mad:   "One more step, you stinking piece of work, and I'll smack you
        into the next dimension!"
Dodge: (SMACK!)  "What hit me?  Who cares?  Dookdookdookdook!!!"  (SMACK!)
       "Dookdookdookdook!!!"
Lemmy: "ZZZzzzzzz"
Sid:   "I like Lem."

Cats 1, Fuzzies 1
-----------------

Mom (*my* Mom) bought the kitties a very nice hooded kitty bed this week.
Too bad they can't use it...it's being valiantly defended by Dodger.  They
can't even sniff it before the Fuzz Patrol arrives to chase them away.

Cats 2, Fuzzies 2, Humans 1

Something weasel-like did a pretty good job of removing the soil from my
large, tubbed guava tree this week.  I didn't notice off the bat...it was
only the appearance of my Chocolate Balinese (Sid), previously known to
me as only "Chocolate-pointed", that clued me in.  Sid obviously enjoyed
his roll...haven't seen such a mess of a cat since Mad rolled in the
ashes of the neighbour's bbq pit.

Sid promptly returned the favour by opening my plant cupboard for Dodge, who
found a bag of potting soil in there and emerged looking like a tar-baby.