Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 16:09:40 -0500
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Hi!  I am Lucy's owner (a note posted about her and her experience at Tufts)
I just wanted to let everyone know that Lucy is at home with me, and she
seems to be doing well.  What I don't understand is - when Lucy was brought
to Tufts I asked if there would be any legal problems because of her
ferretness, they said NO, why of course not, our 1st responsibility is to
the animal.  I left her there feeling confident that there would be no
problems...lo and behold there were many!  (see issue #1351 item #15)
Anyway - I had to sign a number of forms - WHY WASN'T THERE ONE INCLUDED
THAT SAID "If this ferret bites ANYONE it is possible it may be destroyed
and tested for rabies" that would have given me the choice to turn around
and walk right out of there!  I would have rather she died with me than
have her little perfect head chopped off for NO REASON!

Maybe this is something that should be pushed.  Have vets in all areas where
this problem may arise include some kind of release like I described above
included with the admission forms the owner has to sign...just a thought...
would have saved me a lot of heart ache!