From:
Jim Overly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 00:20:21 -0600
Thanks to everyone that has already e-mailed me with info on how to get
the ball rolling in an effort to educate the Kansas City, Mo. government.
I've attempted to make some calls to the city to check the status of the
bill and have been flat out denied any information and told they are only
releasing that information to the news outlets. I also asked when the
nect public forum would be held and was given the same response.

The local news hyped this up for a few days with only one news station
actually giving factual information about ferrets and showing them in the
proper light. High marks go to KCMO TV channel 5 for not jumping on the
band wagon and portraying the ferret as a wild animal. The rest of the
stations should be ashamed for hyping this story up and making comments
such as "ferrets have been known to bite and attack people causing severe
injuries" ??? We are talking a 3 lb ferret here, not a 100lb pit bull!!

I do live on the Kansas side, so I have little to fear from KC, MO
decision, at this point I am motivated by outrage and my ferret's cute
little faces. If anyone else is in the Kansas City area, please e-mail
me. I have little time during the day to make any phone calls as work
keeps me very tied up. Thanks for everyone's concern about the plight of
Ferret's in Kansas City.