From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 21:44:54 -0400
Hi everyone,

Well, I picked up Boomer from the vet yesterday and he's doing fine.  The
vet said that there was about 25% of a scent gland still intact and that
was the cause of the infection.

This lead me to a question that I'd like to ask.  If this has been discussed
before then please e-mail me directly ([log in to unmask]) with an answer.
The little card I got when I purchased Boomer said that he was from Path
Valley.  My question is: Do any of the large (or maybe even smaller)
breeders take any responsibility when something like this arises?  I'm not
looking to get my money back for Boomer's surgery, but it *is* something I
thought about.  My overall thinking is that I purchased an animal that was
supposed to be descented, which Boomer is.  But, if the original surgery did
not remove all of a scent gland, thus leading to repeated infection, then to
another surgery, does the breeder have any obligation to the "customer" to
refund at least some of the money?

Just wondering.  :-)

-Mark Z