From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 14:14:24 EST
You know your ferrets are spoiled when...
You have cardboard tubes in your living room instead of a couch.

Re: turning white
New guy Harry (sable) is developing a few little white spots on his
neck/back.  I presume this is the onset of winter coat change, which is
good, because now it is easier to tell him from Ralph.  They are also
eating a lot these days, preparing for a winter of, what?  intense
sleeping, eating, playing?

The 3 of them were running around the house together in a little pack
today for the first time.  They also like to run around on the floor
around the bed where the covers hang over, so they're totally unseen but
still causing quite a commotion.  Very silly.

Re: ferrets and cats
A couple of my younger cats actually like the little fuzzbeans, and a few
times I have found them sleeping together.  However, the older cats do not
like to be bitten by the ferrets, and I don't encourage it--I don't think
it's fair to the cats to be bitten when they don't enjoy it.  I also find
that the dog doesn't like to be disturbed by them when he's sleeping.
They have lots to do and can bite eachother when they're playing if they
want, but I don't encourage biting anyone who doesn't want to be bitten.

--Ronnie
Cinderella, "aw come on, just a couple of nibbles on your ankles..."
Ralph, "Harry's fun for a while, but I need to go into my
        drawer and sleep now"
New Guy Harry, "hey! come back here! where are you guys
                going? I wanna play some more!"