From:
"Jessica, Justine and Hal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 13:29:53 -0400
I am ceratin that this is a topic that has been well addressed that I have
missed, but with the combination of an ECE digestive system damaged ferret
this seems to be a very big concern.  Several months ago we faced an ECE
epidemic in our home with one ferret continuing to need extra special
atttention and feeding.  With hand feeding and the addition of extra
fsupliments and a higher fat conent we were just starting to get some weight
back on her frail body.  The flu hit our home about 5 days ago and the
combination of the flew with the intestinal damage was all that she could
take and we lost Nicky Bear within 48 hours of the onset of the flu.  There
seemed to be no amount of food, eletrolyte and liquid consumption that could
replace what her system needed.

Perhaps i am a bit out of touch,,, but has anyone to date an understanding
of not the syptoms but the nature of ECE?

Hal, Jessica, & Justine and our 3 surviving ferrets